Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ah, they didn't let me down.

Kessel, Phil Kessel, whut...

I love it when they listen to me. Last night was a solid 60 minutes of effort, and I really have nothing to complain about. Manny Fernandez wasn't tested too often, but all but a couple of times, he came up big, which is important to the future of the team, at least this season. I'm only hoping that he can keep it up. Oh. And Marc Savard and Michael Ryder? Do I need to say it again? In case I do...YEAR OF THE SAVARD! Just in case you forgot. 9 points in 4 games. Oh, Marc.

PJ Axelsson was out last night, but you 'trade talkers,' this does not mean he's on the trading block. He had muscle spasms, folks. Claude said it himself. He'll be back tomorrow, and helping us out, just like he always does. I'd love, someday, for him to get the recognition he deserves. But that's probably not going to happen.

We come back to the Garden 2-1-1. All in all, a pretty good start to what I perceive to be a pretty good season. Tomorrow, we play the Pens, which will, no doubt, be a challenge. But I have a feeling that if we put together an effort like we did against the Sens last night, we'll be okay.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I can't wait until tomorrow's game against your boys. Should be a good one, but too bad it's on Versus, ugh.
(Though, HIGH DEEEEEF.)

Beware of Bear said...

It should be good. =) Most Boston/Buffalo tilts are, though.