Friday, November 14, 2008

...What the...

After the Habs had their fun with rigging the All Star votes, the league FINALLY decided to take some action.

Well gee, thanks, guys.

Now that, you know, the damage has been done and their lead is insurmountable. I implore each and every one of you who reads this blog to VOTE FOR THE BRUINS IN THE ALL STAR FAN BALLOTING! We can't just let this happen. It's ridiculous.

Now, to more fun matters, ie: the clobbering we laid on the Montreal Canadiens last night. All legitimately, might I add (no, I am not angry, why do you ask?). Firstly, I recommend that all of you watch the video on this page entitled 'Fighting for unity.' Therein lies Mr. Marc Savard's postgame interview. He talks about team unity, beating the Habs, taking Don Cherry to dinner and his relationship with his stick. It's a definite 'must-watch.'

Seriously, though? Last night was proof that this team is no joke. All our top players were top players. All our fourth liners were top players. And Manny Fernandez? I mean, COME ON! This is what we were looking for when we signed the guy. Granted the one goal he let in is one that I'm sure he wants to have back...he was still very, very solid in net. I'm almost sold on him. Almost.

Good old fourth line.

Flying under the radar, as per usual, is the play of Marco Sturm. Finally back to his goal scoring ways, I think this will be the breakout season that was expected from Mr. Sturm. Which is good, because we need him to continue rolling on. Also not to be lost is the absolutely solid performance of Stephan Yelle. And Shawn Thornton. Those guys round out what has turned into a pretty darn scary Bruins lineup. And I really, really think that we finally have a team that's capable of running away with things. Someone who will be sorely, sorely missed over the next few games: Andrew Ference. He was having an incredible season. Figures it would be a game against the Canadiens that we lose him for a stretch. Here's hoping Hunwick can pick up the slack, and Ference can pick right up where he left off when he comes back.

One last thing before I depart...


IT'S ABOUT TIME!


I'm very, very surprised I got through that post without a harsh word to a Montreal Canadiens player, but I did. Go me.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I still think the league should strip all the Habs players of their spot on the ballot. It should teach their fans a lesson.

Tiffany said...

Hi, I added your blog to a new site I've created, called On the Bruins Beat. It's an automatically updated aggregate site of all Bruins blogs and news sites. Please tell all your friends, and let me know if you know of other blogs or news sites I should include. Thank you!